Community Cohesion Statement
Community cohesion is integral to school life at St. Joseph’s. The children are encouraged to recognise, understand, appreciate, celebrate and value diversity of other cultures, faiths, ethnicities, abilities and socioeconomic circumstances, not only within the school but in neighbouring communities, nationally and globally.
The children are taught to appreciate their role in the world and the impact their actions can have on others.
In order to achieve these aims the school offers:
- A broad and balanced curriculum.
- A rich and varied Religious Education Programme of Study.
- As a School we promote British Values including democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths or beliefs.
- Opportunities for the children to learn from and about people in local, national and global communities.
- Opportunities for the children to participate in fundraising events on a local, national and global scale.
- Opportunities for the children to participate in competitions and events, alongside other schools, within the local area, nationally and internationally.
More information on current projects can be found on the school website and displays around the school.
Events are also publicised in the School and Parish newsletters and, when appropriate, published in the local and Diocesan media.