What is the Sports Premium?
At St Joseph’s we recognise the contribution that PE has on the health, confidence and well-being of all our pupils. It is also a tool which develops co-ordination, stamina and mental agility. We strive to provide a varied and accessible range of sports and activities across the school.
The government have been providing funding since 2013 to maintained schools to ensure excellent and inclusive provision of physical education and sport in primary schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
How it is Being Spent
The funding is being spent on the following:
- paying for professional development opportunities for school staff in PE/sport.
- providing cover to release primary teachers and other staff for professional development in PE/sport.
- entering sport competitions, such as netball, golf, football, hockey, tennis, multi sports, gymnastics and indoor sports hall athletics.
- purchasing sports equipment to improve the quality of resources available for PE lessons.
- purchasing storage equipment for outside PE equipment to ensure the equipment is easily accessible.
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
- introducing to the school opportunities to participate in new sports such as golf, hockey, tennis, multi sports, gymnastics and indoor sports hall athletics.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School received £19,030 Sports Premium Funding for the 2021/22 period.
Please see the attachments below for a review of our funding and impact for 2021/22.